Thursday, April 22, 2010

I Went To A Lead America Program Two Years Ago, It’s No Scam

Lead America Not a Scam – It Was the Best 10 Days of My Life

I can’t believe my freshman year in high school is almost over. It went by so fast. I’m really looking forward to going to the Lead America Leadership University this summer. I’m going to the conference at Stanford in Palo Alto, California because I want to go to college at Stanford, or perhaps UC-Berkeley. I don’t understand how people can say that Lead America is a scam; I went to the Medicine and Science conference two years ago in D.C. and it was the best 10 days of my life. It was the summer before 8th grade and I was already interested in becoming a doctor. For me, the most interesting aspect of the program was the case studies in which we diagnosed a particular disease based on a patient’s symptoms.

I really love the programs by Lead America. The reviews I’ve read for the Leadership University are very positive. My friends who say Lead America is a scam are just jealous because the teacher didn’t nominate them to go, which is too bad, because everyone should be so lucky to get that kind of opportunity. I met so many kids from all over the country, including some I still keep in touch with. In fact, one of them will be attending Leadership University in New York City this summer, so we’re going to compare notes on our Lead America experience. It sucks that we won’t be going to the same one, though. I can’t wait until July 19. It will be so cool to stay on the campus of Stanford University. At the medicine and science program, we stayed in a dorm at Georgetown University, which was especially exciting when you’re only in middle school!

No comments:

Post a Comment