Monday, May 10, 2010

Lead America Sucks, As If!!! My Review of Lead America Is an A Plus

Lead America Improves Leadership Skills with Real-Life Exercises, Not Scams

The reason I’m going to Lead America Leadership University is to improve my interpersonal skills and communication. I’m fairly introverted, and sometimes it can be hard for me to talk to others or work in groups. One of my teachers suggested I go to this conference. She didn’t know that I had already been to one, so I told her how great it was. Like my parents, she too was skeptical that Lead America was an elaborate scam, but all the students she has nominated for Lead America have come back with rave reviews.

Anyway, at Leadership University you do role-playing scenarios and practice public speaking, which terrifies me, but it will be good for me. I like to be challenged, and it sounds like many of the activities will force me out of my comfort zone. An added bonus is that I can get a college credit from Lead America. It sucks that I couldn’t get one when I went two years ago, but I wasn’t even in 8th grade yet. Another part of the trip I’m looking forward to is going into San Francisco to see some of the sights. I’ve never been there before, although that’s where my parents lived before I was born. We live in Colorado now, but if I get into school at Stanford, they might actually move back to the area. I’m hoping to get a scholarship there. I’ve read that some colleges believe Lead America to be a scam, but since it has truly had such an impact on my life, I’m planning to leverage my Lead America experiences in my application essay and admissions interviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment